UK Visa Sponsorship Licence for Employers (Tier 2 & Tier 5)
Our UK immigration lawyers can assist you in applying for sponsorship licence, if you want to employ someone from outside the EEA to work for you in the UK. This includes unpaid work, like running a charity. Sponsoring someone doesn't guarantee that they'll be allowed to come to or stay in the UK.
UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) operate a Points Based System (PBS) for evaluating all workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The Points Based scheme is designed to limit the number of migrant workers coming into the UK, implementing a Points system which favours those with high qualifications, higher earnings and those working in what are known as shortage occupations. The restrictions on who can work in the UK are arguably tighter and more complex than ever. The system, also places a great deal of responsibility and duties on employers.
To get a licence, you can.t have:
- unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or certain other crimes, such as fraud or money laundering
- any history of failing to carry out your sponsorship duties
You'll need appropriate systems in place to monitor sponsored employees. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) will review your application form and supporting documents. They may visit your business to make sure you’re trustworthy and capable of carrying out your duties.
Types of licence
The licence you need depends on whether the workers you want to fill your jobs are:
- Tier 2 - skilled workers with long-term job offers
- Tier 5 - skilled temporary workers
You can apply for a licence covering either tier or both.
Tier 2 is for skilled workers who you want to employ long-term or permanently. It’s split into:
- General - the role must meet the job suitability requirements
- Intra-Company Transfer - for multinational companies which need to transfer employees to the UK
- Minister of Religion - for people coming to work for a religious organisation (for up to 3 years)
- Sportsperson - for elite sportspeople and coaches who will be based in the UK
Tier 5 is for skilled workers you want to employ on a temporary basis. It’s split into:
- Creative and Sporting - to work as a sportsperson (up to 1 year), entertainer or artist (up to 2 years)
- Charity Worker - for unpaid workers (up to 1 year)
- Religious Worker - for those doing preaching, pastoral and non-pastoral work (2 years)
- Government Authorised Exchange - work experience (1 year), research projects or training, for example practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge
- International Agreement - where the worker is coming to do a job which is covered by international law, for example employees of overseas governments
Need legal advice?
UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.
Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?
Competitive Fixed Pricing
We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.
Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access
You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.
Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.
Highest Success Rate
We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.