A person who is civil partner of a British Citizen or of a person who is present and settled in the UK can apply for UK Civil Partner visa. Our immigration lawyers have vast amounts of experience in sucessfully obtaining UK Civil Partner Partner visas. If the applicant is outside the UK, an entry clearance application as a civil partner should be submitted to the British High Commission/Embassy/Consulate in the country of nationality or country of origin of the applicant. If you are already in the UK with a visa issued for longer than six months, you can switch into civil partner visa from inside the UK by making FLR (M) application to the Home Office, UKBA. We provide Same Day Visa Service for an application for switching into civil partner visa from inside the UK.

Entry Clearance

If you are civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK, you can apply for entry clearance as a civil partner. The applicant applying for entry clearance as a civil partner of a settled person must meet the following requirements:

  • Suitability criteria as set out in the Immigration Rules;
  • Genuine and subsisting relationship as a civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK;
  • Financial requirement whereby the UK civil partner of the applicant must be earning at least £18,600 gross per year or they have savings of £62,500 if the UK civil partner of the applicant has no earnings from employment, self-employment or other means of income;
  • Adequate accommodation for the applicant and the UK civil partner to be accommodated in the UK without recourse to public funds;
  • English language requirement to show that the applicant has English at CEFR level A1 as required by the UK Immigration Rules.


You can apply for civil partner visa on the basis of your civil partnership with a person present and settled in the UK. The application will be considered in accordance with requirements of the Immigration Rules as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration rules.

For a civil partner visa application to succeed, there are 4 main requirements:

  • The evidence of relationship between the sponsor and the applicant;
  • The documentary evidence to comply with the financial requirement as set out in Appendix FM;
  • The adequate accommodation; and English language requirement.

Additionally, the applicant should also meet the suitability criteria as set out in the immigration rules.

Need legal advice?

UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.

Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?

Competitive Fixed Pricing

We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.

Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access

You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Expert Advice

Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.

Highest Success Rate

We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Need help with immigration matter?

Speak to our immigration adviser to get legal advice & assistance.

Leave a Message