Do you need legal advice & assistance with UK Fiance visa application? Our UK family visa lawyers can assist you in applying for a Fiance Visa. Our team have vast amounts of experience in sucessfully obtaining Fiance Visas. A fiancé(e) is a person who wishes to enter the UK with a view to marriage to a sponsor who is either: already present and settled in the UK; or will be admitted for settlement in the UK when arriving there, and, intends permanent settlement in the UK. Both parties to the relationship must be aged 18 or over at the date of application and not be within the prohibited degree of relationship. 3. The applicant and their partner must have met in person. 4. They must intend to marry within the duration of the visa (6 months). 5. They must intend to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner following the marriage or civil partnership. 6. Any previous relationship of the applicant or their partner must have broken down permanently. 7. The applicant must meet a specific financial requirement (read more below). 8. The couple must be able to accommodate themselves and any dependants adequately without additional recourse to public funds both before and after the ceremony. 9. The applicant must demonstrate a minimum competence in the English language. This can be done either by being a citizen of a specified country, holding a degree level qualification that was taught in English, or by passing an approved English language test to level A1. Present and settled means that the sponsor is either: settled in the UK, at the same time that an application under the Immigration Rules is made, is physically present in the UK; or is coming to the UK with or to join the applicant and intends to make the UK their home with the applicant if the application is successful An application by a fiancé(e) should be refused if: The applicant will be aged under 18 on the date of arrival in the UK; or The applicant’s fiancé(e) is aged under 18. If application is successful, the applicant will be issued with six months leave to enter as a fiance(e) and marriage must be registered in the UK within these six months to apply for further leave to remain in the UK on the basis of marriage.

Entry Clearance

Your partner or family member must have one of the following:

  • British citizenship;
  • settlement in the UK;
  • asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.

You must also prove that:

  • you’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child;
  • you intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply;
  • you have an adequate place to live in the UK;
  • you have a good knowledge of English if you’re 18 or over – unless you’re applying as an adult dependent relative.

Your application might be refused if, for example, you’ve:

  • got a criminal record in the UK or in another country;
  • provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office.

You must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK. A fiancé or proposed civil partner visa is valid for 6 months during which time you should travel to the UK, marry your partner and apply to change your visa to either the spouse or civil partner category. You can leave and re-enter the UK on a fiancé or proposed civil partner visa but you cannot study, take employment or engage in business.

Financial Requirement

You must also meet the financial requirement of:

  • £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself;
  • £22,400 per year for you and one child;
  • £2,400 per year for each additional child.

You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants.

Knowledge of English

You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. You can prove your knowledge of English by passing a test at an approved test centre. You need to get at least CEFR level A1. Check the current list of approved tests and test centres. This list changed on 6 April 2015 - tests on previous lists won’t be accepted. Alternatively, you can give evidence that you have an academic qualification that both: was taught or researched in English is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD National of a majority English speaking country You won’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’re a national of one of these countries: Antigua and Barbuda Australia the Bahamas Barbados Belize Canada Dominica Grenada Guyana Jamaica New Zealand St Kitts and Nevis St Lucia St Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago US Exemptions You won’t need to prove your knowledge of English if: you’re age 65 or over you’re unable to because of a long-term physical or mental condition you can show there are exceptional circumstances which prevent you from meeting the requirement You must explain why you can’t prove your knowledge of English in your application and give evidence to support this.

Need legal advice?

UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.

Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?

Competitive Fixed Pricing

We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.

Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access

You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Expert Advice

Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.

Highest Success Rate

We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Need help with immigration matter?

Speak to our immigration adviser to get legal advice & assistance.

Leave a Message