We can help you in your efforts to seek higher education in the United Kingdom. We can help you prepare your student visa applications and ensure you submit all the required documents and details to pursue education in the UK. The General (Tier 4) is applicable to anyone who is 16 and older and they must apply three months before they are set to begin the course.

Eligibility Requirements: Applying for General (Tier 4) Student Visa

Students can apply for General (Tier 4) Student Visa if:

  • An absolute offer of a place on a course with an accredited Tier 4 sponsor
  • Can speak, write, read, and understand English
  • Have sufficient money to support themselves financially and pay for the course
  • They belong to a country that is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • They meet all the eligibility requirements

The status and rights of the EU nationals in the United Kingdom and UK nationals in the European Union remain unchanged as a result of the referendum.

Type of Course to Enrol In

Students can enrol in a course that meets one of the following requirements:

  • Full-time course that leads to at least a level 6 qualification on the Ofqual register
  • A course of degree level educational abroad that is equivalent to a United Kingdom advanced education course, being operated by an advanced education institution abroad
  • Full-time course that offers at least fifteen hours each week of organised study and leads to at least a level 3 qualification on the Ofqual register
  • A recognised foundation programmer as a dentist or a postgraduate doctor

Confirmation of Acceptance for Education

The education provider will send a reference number referred to as a “conformation of acceptance for studies” (CAS) once they have given them a place on a course, which they need to write on their Student Visa application. Students need to apply for the Student Visa within six months after receiving their CAS.

Receiving another CAS

The only students eligible for another CAS are those who have previously studied in the United Kingdom and if the following reasons apply to them:

  • Re-sitting to take an exam or re-taking a module
  • Applying to a new educational institution for the first time to finish a course they began at an institution that lost its Tier 4 sponsorship
  • Applying to finish a PhD or another doctorate degree that they began while studying under their previous General (Tier 4) Student Visa
  • Studying to obtain another qualification at a higher educational level
  • Studying to obtain another qualification at the same educational level and associated to their last course or career objectives from a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
  • Applying to study after working as a student sabbatical officer to finish a qualification they began under their previous General (Tier 4) Student Visa

Required Documents

Students need to submit the following documents:

  • A current passport or a valid travel ID
  • Evidence they can support themselves financially and pay for the course
  • Evidence of parental or legal guardian, giving their consent to students under the age of 18
  • Medical results of a tuberculosis exam if they belong to a country where the exam is mandatory

Their documents will be returned them within fourteen days.

Visa Extension

To extend their stay in the UK to continue taking their course or take another one, they need to:

  • Reside in the United Kingdom
  • Meet the General (Tier 4) Student Visa requirements
  • Include dependants, if any, in the application if they are on their current visa. This includes kids who have turned 18 during their stay

Students need to apply within six months of receiving a confirmation of acceptance for studies and before the expiration date of their current General (Tier 4) Student Visa, applying within three months before the start date of the course on their CAS. They can remain in the UK while they wait for their extension.  

You must meet all the other eligibility requirements.

Need legal advice?

UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.

Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?

Competitive Fixed Pricing

We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.

Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access

You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Expert Advice

Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.

Highest Success Rate

We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Need help with immigration matter?

Speak to our immigration adviser to get legal advice & assistance.

Leave a Message