Apply for a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer (ICT) visa with our expert UK immigration lawyers, if your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation. Do you want to apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa, but want to eliminate the hassle of understanding and completing complicated documents? With us, you can rest easy because we will handle the Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa application process from start to finish. If you find yourself eligible for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa, visit us to finalize the process.

Eligibility Requirements

Applicants meeting the following requirements can apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa:

  • Reside outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
  • Been accepted to work in a UK owned business (the field an applicant applies in must relate to the field of the sponsor organisation)
  • Have acquired a certificate of sponsorship reference number for an accredited sponsor before applying for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa
  • Earn an appropriate income
  • Have £945 in funds in their bank account for ninety days as evidence they can support themselves
  • If the sponsor has a completely approved A-rating and have stated to provide the applicant with accommodation their first month in the UK, the required £945 is not necessary then

Sponsorship Certificate

Here is what applicants need to know about the sponsorship certificate or certificate of sponsorship:

  • Is a reference number with details about the applicant’s job and personal information
  • It is not an actual paper document or an actual certificate
  • The sponsor should mention the applicant’s monthly salary
  • The certificate of sponsorship expires after three months from the date it was assigned to the applicant

Applicants should apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa three months prior to the date they are supposed to start work. This date is mentioned on their sponsorship certificate.

Appropriate Income

Applicants need to earn one of the following:

  • Long-term staff applicants must earn no less than £41,500 or the appropriate income for the role they have in the company
  • Short-term staff, skills transfer or graduate trainee applicants must earn no less than £24,800 the appropriate income for the role they have in the company
  • Staff already working in the United Kingdom on this visa or work permit issued prior to April 6, 2011 should earn no less than the appropriate income

Four Types of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa

The four types of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa include:

  1. Long-term Staff is for employees who are filling a job role in the UK for a year or more. To be eligible for this category, applicants must have worked for the employer abroad for no less than one year.
  2. Short-term staff is for workers who are filling a job role in the UK for a year or less. To be eligible for this category, applicants must have worked for the employer abroad for no less than one year.
  3. Graduate trainee is for workers with a newly acquired degree level or a higher qualification level who are on a graduate trainee program in the UK such as an IT position or specialist research position. To be eligible for this category, applicants must have worked and/or trained by the company abroad for no less than three months.
  4. Skills transfer covers two types of employees, employers travelling to the UK to earn experience and skills required for their job role abroad and employees with a specialist knowledge and skills travelling to the UK to train workers at a company based in the UK. To be eligible for this category, applicants are not required to have been an employee at an overseas company for a specific duration.

Required Documents

Applicants need to provide the following documents with their visa application:

  • Valid passport and travel identification
  • Bank statements, stating they have no less than £945 funds to support themselves, in their account for ninety days, unless the employer is providing accommodation for the first month
  • Tuberculosis test results if the applicant belongs to a country where taking the test is mandatory
  • Document stating the applicant has worked for the employer outside of the United Kingdom

Other documents they need to provide as proof of job include:

  • Original printed salary slips
  • Copies of online salary slips accompanied by a letter signed by a senior employee at the company
  • Building society pass book
  • Building society or bank statements

Visa Extension

People can extent their visit to the UK under this visa.  They should also provide the names of dependents—partner, child under the age of 18, or child who turned 18 while in the UK—when they apply for a visa extension.

They should apply for an extension prior to the expiration date. The eligibility requirements for an extension remain the same as when the applicant originally applied for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) Visa. Applicants can extend their stay in the UK for up to five years or the time mentioned on the sponsorship certificate in addition to the fourteen days.

You must meet all the other eligibility requirements.

Need legal advice?

UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.

Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?

Competitive Fixed Pricing

We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.

Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access

You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Expert Advice

Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.

Highest Success Rate

We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Need help with immigration matter?

Speak to our immigration adviser to get legal advice & assistance.

Leave a Message