Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
We can assist you with your Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa application if you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who's recognised by your sport's governing body. We have the experience to assist people successfully apply for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa.
To qualify for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa, you need to show you are a qualified coach or an elite sportsperson acknowledged by your sport's governing body, recognised on an international level, you have received endorsement from your sport's governing body, and you will train other players to develop your sport at the highest level in the United Kingdom.
If applicants meet the above requirements and the below requirements, the government will find them eligible to travel to the UK on a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa:
- They reside outside of European Economic Area and Switzerland
- Their sponsor has provided them with a certificate of sponsorship reference number
- Their bank account shows an amount of £945 in funds, saved up for ninety days, to proof they can support themselves, unless their sponsor holds an A-rating and have taken responsibility for accommodating them and stated they will not receive any benefits or if they are exempt
- Able to understand, read, write, and speak English
Applicants need to apply for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa three months before the date they are to begin work in the UK, going by the date found on their certificate of sponsorship. They should receive a decision on the status of their applicants within three weeks of submitting it.
Applicants do not need to provide evidence of funds if they reside in the UK and they are on one of the following visas:
- Tier 2
- Work permit holder
- Work for an overseas airline as ground staff
- Jewish agency employee
- Represent an overseas news agency, newspaper, or broadcasting organisation
- Missionary, minister of religion, or a member of a religious group
Sponsorship certificate or certificate of sponsorship is just a reference number, which provides information about the applicant’s job position and personal details. The sponsor has the responsibility to provide the person with a reference number, information to assist them apply, and the salary amount. Applicants need to submit the sponsorship certificate with their application. The sponsorship certificate will expires after three months from the date it was given to the applicant.
Applicants need to provide the following documents when they apply for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa:
- Valid passport or travel identification
- Evidence they have a good understanding of the English language
- Bank statements, stating they have no less than £945 in their bank account for ninety days, if applicable
- Have tuberculosis test results if they belong to a country where taking the test is a requirement
- Endorsement letter from their sport’s governing body, if they are applying as a coach or a sportsperson
Applicants can apply for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa extension to extend their stay in the UK for up to three years and fourteen days. Once their visa extension expires, they must leave the UK and reapply again, but only under the following circumstances:
- A year has passed and their last sponsorship certificate was valid for less than three months
- They can show they will earn a gross yearly income of £155,300 or higher
Additionally, family members on their visa include partner, children under 18, and children who turned 18 while in the UK will need to apply for a visa extension to remain with them.
Second Job Requirements
Applicants will need to apply for another Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa if they want to secure a second job. They will only to apply for a new visa if the second job is not in the same field as their primary job or it is not voluntary work.
Applicants will not need to obtain another visa if the job is on the shortage list and requires them to work up to twenty hours each week. If the applicant does apply for a new Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa, they will need to ask their second employer for a certificate of sponsorship reference number. They cannot apply for a second job if they have not started work at their first job and if their application remains unapproved.
You must meet all the other eligibility requirements.
Need legal advice?
UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.
Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?
Competitive Fixed Pricing
We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.
Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access
You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.
Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.
Highest Success Rate
We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.