We provide legal advice and assistance to individuals planning to travel to the United Kingdom on a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa. If you are planning to travel to the UK on this visa, you should consult with one of our highly experienced solicitors to assist you successfully and correctly apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa.

Eligibility Requirements

People need to meet the following requirements to obtain a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa:

  • Live outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland
  • The work they are asked to perform is covered by international law while staying in the UK (for instance, a private helper in a diplomatic home or employed for foreign government
  • Sponsorship certificate reference number
  • £945 in funds in the bank account, kept for a duration of ninety days, to show as evidence they can support themselves, unless their A-rated and recognised sponsor states on their sponsorship certificate that they are responsible for the applicant’s accommodation and they will not claim any benefits on their stay

Type of Work International Law Covers

People planning to travel to the UK for work must ensure their job role falls in one of the following categories:

  • Under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
  • Under similar agreements between the United Kingdom and foreign nations
  • Under an international organisation or overseas government
  • Under a diplomatic house as a private helper or in a house of a worker of an international organisation as a private helper

Sponsorship Certificate

Certificate of sponsorship or a sponsorship certificate is a reference number a licensed sponsor provides an applicant. The sponsorship certificate states the applicant’s personal information and provides details of their job description such as their salary and the number of hours they will work.

The applicant must work in the same field as their sponsor. The sponsorship certificate expires after three months from the date the applicant received it.  However, sponsors can provide applicants with a multiple entry sponsorship certificate to allow them to move freely in and outside of the UK.

Once an applicant has received their sponsorship certificate, they can apply for a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa three months before the date they are supposed to begin work (the date is mentioned on the sponsorship certificate).

Required Documents

People must provide the following documents:

  • Valid passport or travel identification
  • Bank statements, stating they have no less than £945 in funds in their bank accounts for ninety days as proof they can support themselves on their stay in the UK, if applicable
  • Tuberculosis test results if they belong to a country where taking the test is a requirement

Visa Extension

People can apply for a visa extension, doing it before the expiration date of their current visa. On their application to extend their stay in the UK, they need to list any dependants on their visa—partner, children under 18, and children who turned 18 while staying in the UK. They should still meet all the eligibility requirements for the visa.

Duration of Visa Extension

People can extend their Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa for up to two years or twenty-four months. Together, their stay must not exceed six years unless the following applies to them:

  • They are employer in a diplomatic house as private helper and applied for their visa on or after April 5, 2012 (If yes, there stay cannot exceed five years or until the final date listed on their employer’s posting)
  • They are an independent professional or a contractual service supplier (if yes, they can only remain in the country for six months in any one year duration)

Switching to a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa

People can switch to a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) Visa while they residing in the UK if they want to continue working for the same employer. To switch to this visa, they must have a work permit and work for an international organisation or overseas government. They can stay in the UK for two years or the date written on their sponsor certificate in addition to twenty-eight days. 

You must meet all the other eligibility requirements.

Need legal advice?

UK immigration law is extremely complex and constantly changes. The UKVI has strict criteria relating to different types of visa. Therefore, it is essential you get the right legal advice from an expert UK immigration lawyer to make sure your application is successful, first time. We will guide you through every step of the process, putting you in the best place possible to get a good result.

Why choose Blackstone Law Associates?

Competitive Fixed Pricing

We offer a fixed price service, this means the price you are quoted does not change; We work on fixed fees basis unlike other firms who charge you for each and every call and letter.

Dedicated Lawyer with Direct Access

You will have direct access to our qualified lawyers, with in-depth knowledge of UK Immigration law. Upon instructing us you will be allocated an experienced lawyer who will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your case.

Expert Advice

Immigration laws in the UK change frequently. Our team of lawyers are trained and are kept up to date on all the latest developments. We have a combined wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expert immigration lawyers can provide advice and the best possible option available for you.

Highest Success Rate

We are proud to claim that through our wealth of knowledge and experience we are able achieve the results that are needed. Our expert Lawyers put their full efforts in your case as we strongly believe in getting for you what you want.

Need help with immigration matter?

Speak to our immigration adviser to get legal advice & assistance.

Leave a Message